Fenn Mako XT
Beginner to Intermediate Ski
The Mako XT has been Fenn’s most popular surf ski for almost a decade. It is the perfect ski for the beginner to intermediate paddler or those paddlers making the transition from a sea kayak or plastic craft to ocean skis.
REQUEST AVAILABILITY & PRICING
Poly Vac 17-18 kgs
- Vacuum bagged fibreglass, poly ester resin.
- Fenn have moved away from the traditional hand laid fibreglass construction. Fenn now vacuum bag all layups which gives a consistent weight and even spread of resin throughout the ski. Another benefit of the Poly Vac construction is the boats a slightly stiffer and generally lighter than the hand laid option.
Glass Vac 14-15 kgs
- Vacuum bagged fibreglass, vinyl ester resin.
- The glass vac layup is a lightweight version of the poly vac layup. This construction gives the paddler a light weight version of an affordable boat.
Hybrid 11.5-12.5 kgs
- Vacuum bagged fibreglass/carbon, epoxy resin.
- The Hybrid layup uses a special layer of carbon and fibreglass interwoven fabric along with another layer of fibreglass. This layup creates strength while reducing weight enabling a more affordable product. There is very little difference between full carbon and hybrid layups in weight making this layup a first class racing product.
Carbon 10-11 kgs (Shorter, lower volume skis will be slightly lighter than their full length/size counterparts)
- Vacuum bagged carbon, epoxy resin.
- This layup is the premium layup for these types of craft. Carbon and epoxy are used and vacuum bagged to create the lightest and stiffest craft possible.
Poly Vac 17-18 kgs, Glass Vac 14-15 kgs, Hybrid 11.5-12.5 kgs, Carbon 10-11 kgs